IHRP’s Health Policy Center is a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center, designated by WHO to carry out activities in support of the Organization’s programs and the first to specialize in the economics of tobacco control.
- Provide technical support for research assessing the economic impact of smoke-free policies in selected countries in the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
- Provide technical support for evaluating the potential impact of tobacco tax increases in selected PAHO countries.
- In collaboration with WHO/TFI economists, conduct research assessing the extent of illicit trade globally, regionally, and in priority countries
- In collaboration with WHO/TFI economists, analyze the potential impact of proposed European Union guidelines for tobacco taxation.
- Lead the editorial development of and contribute to the WHO-National Cancer Institute monograph on the economics of tobacco and tobacco control.
- Prepare a toolkit for the economic analysis of the Global Adult Tobacco Survey data.
- In collaboration with WHO/TFI economists, develop tax and price technical documents.
- Participate in dissemination and training workshops in selected countries.